Starting in late April you nominated your favourite Vancouver mom bloggers for our 2014 Top 30 Vancouver Mom Bloggers honours. We reviewed them, narrowed them down to our Top 30, and introduced them all to you. These fabulous women join our 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 Top Vancouver Mom Bloggers, and we’re absolutely honoured to recognize each one of them. But just for fun, we gave you a chance to vote for your favourite mom bloggers on our list. More than 3,800 votes were cast, and we’re pleased to announce that our winner is Tamara Goyette of Discovering Parenthood!
Top Vancouver Mom Blogger Tamara Goyette
The voting was very close this year – closer than it’s been in a number of years. In the end, though, through hard work and sheer likeability Tamara came out on top, with 15% of the vote. Here’s what she had to say when we told her:
I have been at a loss for words since finding out that I am the top blogger for 2014. I am truly honoured to have been nominated alongside, and listed as one of the top 30 with so many wonderful blogs. I had always enjoyed reading other blogs, there are just so many different ones out there. I started my blog after it was suggested to me as a way of sharing about what is going on in our lives, since my daughter’s arrival, with friends and family near and far. My blog is about life as we know it since becoming parents. I am enjoying this journey I am on as a blogger, and I am so thankful for the support from my family and friends, fellow bloggers, and those who have started following my blog. I love this unique way of documenting special moments in our lives as a family, and plan on continuing to blog.
2014 Runners Up
Tamara Goyette certainly wasn’t the only blogger who received your support. A few other members of our 2014 Top 30 Vancouver Mom Bloggers list stood out. Runners-up in the voting were:
Runners up in the voting were:
- Louise Chapman of Talk Nerdy To Me – Louise has been blogging for eight years. Her blog posts are influenced by her experience as (and marriage to) a nerdy science teacher, starting and running a photography business, and raising three beautiful young children.
- Jamie Dunlop Khau of Styling the Inside – Jamie is a mother of three daughters, an Early Childhood Educator, a Stella and Dot stylist, coordinator for Hashtaglunchbag Vancouver, and an active volunteer on the PAC. She is an advocate for inner beauty, children’s mental health and wellness, and aspires to create a life that feels good on the inside.
- Tara Cannon of Pint Size Pilot – Tara Cannon’s family travel blog was born out of her desire to help other parents conquer their fear of traveling with a baby or toddler. Whether exploring Vancouver or distant lands with her family, Tara is committed to helping parents see the world with their children, without having a nervous breakdown along the way.
Top 30 Vancouver Mom Bloggers
We’d like to honour and celebrate each and every one of our 2014 Top Vancouver Mom Bloggers. During the nomination and voting period we could tell that you really love them. Now, we love them, too. To show our love, we’ll be throwing a party to celebrate them on June 12, 2014.
Or, even better, visit their fabulous blogs:
- Agnes Mayer, Vodka Infused Lemonade
- Allison Wiberg, Seaside Home Accents
- Andria Milliard, The Cheerio Diaries
- Brooke Takhar, Miss Teen USSR
- Christy Rollo, Eco Journey in the Burbs
- Cristina Chalmers, lulumum: a lululemon blogger
- Crystal Allen, Sew Creative
- Heather van Mil, Life, Love and the Pursuit of Play
- Helen Engel-Gray, Loquacious Family
- Jamie Dunlop Khau, Styling the Inside
- Janice Croze & Susan Carraretto, 5 Minutes for Mom
- Jenn Di Spirito, Jenn Di Spirito Photography
- Katherine Petrunia, The Pampered Baby
- Kathleen Tennant, Mixed Media by Kathleen
- Kelly Krol, Raincity Parent
- Lindsay Coulter, David Suzuki’s Queen of Green
- Louise Chapman, Talk Nerdy To Me
- Manda Aufochs Gillespie, The Green Mama
- Mary Levitan, The Rock and Roll Mom
- Megan Newton, Food and Whine
- Monika Hibbs, The Doctor’s Closet
- Natasha Motsi, Kukura
- Parrish Wilson, Parrish Wilson
- Patti Barnes, The World of ContestPatti
- Renata Wurster, Keeping the Me in Mommy
- Shari Saysomsack, Everyday Little Moments
- Shaunna Prentis, Mis-Adventures of Mommyhood
- Tamara Goyette, Discovering Parenthood
- Tara Cannon, Pint Size Pilot
- Tara Mihalech, Suburble
All of our Top 30 Vancouver Mom Bloggers will be receiving some awesome prizes from our sponsors. As the overall winner, Tamara Goyette is going to be receiving a fabulous grand prize, including:
- A two night stay including dinner and breakfast for two at the breathtaking Painted Boat Resort Spa & Marina; nestled in a glade of Douglas Fir, Red Cedar and Arbutus trees. This luxurious five acre waterfront resort, just two hours from Vancouver features 31 spacious two bed room villas, fitness facility, fully appointed spa, infinity pool and hot tub that overlooks the ocean. Savour the flavours of the West Coast at THE RESTAURANT, which highlights fresh seafood and creative coastal cuisine. Valued at $1200
- The use of a vehicle for the weekend away, provided by Chevrolet Canada.
Contests like this would not be possible without the generous support of our sponsors. We’d like to recognize:
Congratulations to Tamara Goyette, and all of our 2014 Top 30 Vancouver Mom Bloggers!
Amber Strocel is a writer, aspiring math teacher, suburbanite, wife and mom of two. She believes in the power of the Internet to connect people, and she believes that numbers are the poetry of the universe. You can often find her knitting, sewing, volunteering, working in her garden, and sneaking chocolate when no one's looking. She blogs at Strocel.com and shares her photos on Instagram as @AmberStrocel.