2014 Top 30 Vancouver Mom Blogger Nominations
One of our favourite times of the year has once again arrived: the time when we honour Vancouver’s amazing mom bloggers in our Top 30 Vancouver Mom Blogger search. We’ve been doing this since 2010, which means that this is our fifth annual search. Each year we discover more fabulous local moms, and we’re excited to see who we meet this year. We need your help to make it happen. Tell us about your favourite blogs written by Vancouver moms. Who tops your must-read list? Whose posts make you laugh, cry, think – or all three? Who helps to connect you a little bit more deeply to what it means to be a Vancouver mom? Submit your nominations, and let us know.
Vancouver Mom Blogger Eligibility
Not just anyone is eligible to be named one of Vancouver’s Top 30 Mom Bloggers. Here are the details on who you can nominate:
- We accept only new nominees. If your favourite mom blogger was already recognized in 2010, 2011, 2012 or 2013, we know she’s fabulous, but she’s not eligible this year.
- The bloggers need to be moms, and they need to live in one of the communities in Metro Vancouver.
- The blogs must be active, with at least one new post each week.
- Nominated blogs do not need to be about motherhood or parenting. Moms have all sorts of interests, so we blog about all sorts of things, from cooking to politics to travel to home improvement. What’s important isn’t the subject matter, but that the personality of the blogger shines through.
- Business blogs are eligible, but once again, the personality of the blogger should shine through.
- Self-nominations are allowed. Scratch that, self-nominations are encouraged. Please nominate yourself!
- We’re nominating individual moms, so group blogs are not eligible. However, we are willing to make exceptions for blogs with two authors, provided both are Vancouver moms.
We’d like to pause for a moment to make a few important notes. First of all, we do not take the number of nominations that any blogger receives into account. Someone who is self-nominated once is considered in exactly the same light as someone who is nominated 10 times by 10 different people. This means there is no need to call on all of your friends and family to nominate you, or to feel embarrassed about nominating yourself. We’re looking for bloggers with heart, who publish regularly, with aesthetically appealing sites. It also doesn’t hurt if their contact info is easy to find so that we can get in touch if we have any questions. Beyond that, anything goes, and we want moms with big blogs and small blogs, with two readers and 2000 readers.
Here’s how this is going to go down:
- April 28-May 11, 2014 – Nominating Period
- May 16-22, 2014 – We’ll profile our Top 30
- May 23-June 6, 2014 – Voting opens for the top overall amazing Vancouver mom blogger
- June 9, 2014 – The top overall Vancouver mom blogger will be announced, and the entire Top 30 will be honoured
- June 12, 2014 – All of our 2014 Top 30 Vancouver Mom Bloggers will be honoured at FIVE
All of our Top 30 Vancouver Mom Bloggers for 2014 will receive some amazing gifts from our fabulous sponsors. Our top overall mom blogger will receive a grand prize including:
- Experience two nights including dinner and breakfast for two at the breathtaking Painted Boat Resort Spa & Marina; nestled in a glade of Douglas Fir, Red Cedar and Arbutus trees. This luxurious five acre waterfront resort, just two hours from Vancouver features 31 spacious two bed room villas, fitness facility, fully appointed spa, infinity pool and hot tub that overlooks the ocean. Savour the flavours of the West Coast at THE RESTAURANT, which highlights fresh seafood and creative coastal cuisine. Valued at $1200
- The use of a vehicle for the weekend away, provided by Chevrolet Canada.
Nominate Your Favourite Vancouver Mom Blogger
Nominations are now closed.
We would like to acknowledge our sponsors, who make this event possible. Our warmest thanks to:
Now, what are you waiting for? Start nominating!
Amber Strocel is a writer, aspiring math teacher, suburbanite, wife and mom of two. She believes in the power of the Internet to connect people, and she believes that numbers are the poetry of the universe. You can often find her knitting, sewing, volunteering, working in her garden, and sneaking chocolate when no one's looking. She blogs at Strocel.com and shares her photos on Instagram as @AmberStrocel.