We’ve gone on the hunt for the Best of Vancouver many times. We like to think that we’re connected to this city, but we know that we can’t hold a candle to Vancouver moms. So, with your help we’ve searched out the best kids’ haircut, great photographers and a whole lot more. With summer (finally) arriving in Vancouver, the time seemed ripe for our next Best of Vancouver search: ice cream. For the past month you’ve nominated your favourites and voted for our seven finalists. At long last, today, we have the results!
Best of Vancouver: Ice Cream Contenders
Before we reveal the results, we’d just like to refresh your memory on the contenders for the title Best of Vancouver Ice Cream in alphabetical order:
- Bella Gelateria – 1001 West Cordova Street, Vancouver
- Dolce Gelato – 15045 Marine Drive, White Rock
- Earnest Ice Cream – Keep your eye out for their ice cream tricycle around town
- Gelarmony – 1222 Robson and 1094 Denman, Vancouver
- Gelateria Dolce Amore – 1588 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- La Casa Gelato – 1033 Venables, Vancouver
- The Sweet Spot – 110 – 12000 First Avenue, Steveston
Best of Vancouver Ice Cream: Bella Gelateria
Early on in the voting, Le Casa Gelato pulled ahead. But as the contest continued, Bella Gelateria pulled even and eventually left the venerable ice creamery on Venables in its dust. Bella Gelateria won the title Best of Vancouver Ice Cream with over 70% of the votes cast. Clearly, they really have earned the title Best of Vancouver Ice Cream. Here’s what some of the people who nominated Bella Gelateria had to say about them:
- Award winning gelato maestro brings us incredible flavour combinations that will entice everyone’s taste buds!
- Traditional in house process, an owner and his staff who are genuinely passionate about ice cream over money and cutting costs through cheaper ingredients, great atmosphere and by far the best tasting, most creamy, most original and unique flavors of ice cream anywhere.
- It’s a little bit of heaven, whether you choose to eat it in a cone, a cup, or take it home in a to-go container. Yum!
- The flavours and quality are unrivaled anywhere in North America.
- It might be the most expensive gelato in Vancouver, but the man who started the business went to GELATO UNIVERSITY. IN ITALY. I only wish I had known such a place existed before getting this useless graphic design degree. I made every excuse to get to this place last summer when I was pregnant. Hands down the best gelato I have ever had, and I’ve done my research.
It doesn’t end there. You had nothing but good things to say about Bella Gelateria.
Best of Vancouver Ice Cream: Runners-Up
One thing was clear to us during our search, and it’s that Vancouverites are passionate about their ice cream. We feel strongly about our favourite creamery, and we are quick to extoll its virtues. Bella Gelateria isn’t the only game in town. Here are the runners-up in our voting:
- First Runner Up – La Casa Gelato
- Second Runner Up – Gelateria Dolce Amore
- Third Runner Up – Earnest Ice Cream
Wherever you go for the perfect cone this summer, we know it’s going to be good. Happy summer, and keep the ice cream coming!
Image Credits – Bella Gelateria
Looking for more great places to eat? Check out our Top 50 kid-friendly restaurants list!