One of our favourite times of the year is here, the time when we honour Vancouver’s deep and talented community of mom bloggers in our 8th Annual 2017 Top 30 Vancouver Mom Blogger search!
Know the drill? Then go ahead and Nominate your favourite Mom Blogger
NB: Only ONE nomination is required.*
We’ve been doing this since 2010, making this is our 8th annual celebration. Each year we discover more outstanding local moms, and we can’t wait to see who we meet this year. So tell us about your favourite blogs and Instagram feeds written and created by Vancouver moms. Who tops your must-read list? Whose posts make you go “wow,” tear up, get inspired or laugh out loud – or all of the above? Who helps feel connected to what it is to be a Vancouver mom?
Submit your nominations, and let us know.
Top 30 Vancouver Mom Blogger Eligibility
So who exactly eligible to be named one of Vancouver’s Top 30 Mom Bloggers? Here are the details on who you can nominate:
We only accept new nominees. If your favourite mom blogger was already recognized in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 or 2014, 2015, 2016, we know she’s great, but she’s not eligible this year.
- Bloggers need to be moms, and they need to live in one of the communities in Metro Vancouver.
- Blogs must be active, with at least one new post each week.
- Nominated blogs do not need to be about motherhood or parenting. They can be about anything from crafts and food to marketing and business (yes business blogs are eligible) to politics and the arts. What’s important is that the blogger’s personality shines through.
- Self-nominations are encouraged. Please nominate yourself!
- We’re nominating individual moms, so group blogs are not eligible. However, we are willing to make exceptions for blogs with two authors, provided both are Vancouver moms.
*Important notes: We do not take the number of nominations that any blogger receives into account. Someone who is self-nominated once is considered in exactly the same light as someone who is nominated 10 times by 10 different people. We’re looking for bloggers with heart, who publish regularly with aesthetically appealing sites and yes, gorgeous (or just very real) Instagram feeds. It also doesn’t hurt if their contact info is easy to find so that we can get in touch if we have any questions. Beyond that, anything goes, and we want moms with big blogs and small blogs, with two or 2,000 readers.
- March 20 to April 26, 2017 – Nominating Period
- May 1 to 5, 2017 – We’ll profile our Top 30 on VancouverMom.ca
- May 8 to 26, 2017- Voting Period for 2017 top Vancouver mom blogger
- May 29, 2017 – The 2017 Top Vancouver Mom Blogger will be announced, and the entire Top 30 will be recognized.
- June 8, 2017 – 2017 VMTop30 Celebration Event at University Women’s Club
What are you waiting for? Submit your nominations!
Find out more about previous year’s #VMTOP30
Harriet Fancott is the Editor and Social Media Manager for Vancouver Mom. She has over 20 years experience in the arts, tech and mom-based blogging arenas. She lives in East Vancouver with her husband and son where they enjoy exploring all that Vancouver has to offer from festivals and events to playgrounds and beaches to sushi and ice cream (although not together).