Holidays are all about coziness, and the urge to hibernate in our snug, well decorated homes is strong. But combine normally active kids with extra treats and they will be climbing the walls. Here are 5 ways to keep them moving this break (and keep your sanity!).
Tips for keeping your kids active this holiday break
- Go for a walk to explore the neighbourhood’s decorations. Bundle up and check out the best lights on the block.
- Find some snow! Pile in the car and head up a local mountain for some fresh snow; build a snowman or a snow fort, have a snowball fight and make some angels.
- Check out your local indoor pool If the idea of bundling up the kids ONE MORE TIME makes you want to scream, try taking them swimming instead. This is especially appealing on an endless rainy afternoon.
- Get zen together unroll the mats and download a kids’ yoga program (check out Cosmic Kids on YouTube).
- Hit an indoor gym like The Adventure Zone at the Kids Only Market on Granville Island theadventurezone.ca, Kidtropolis kidtropolis.ca, or even a climbing gym for older kids cliffhangerclimbing.com.