Sometimes it feels like you can’t throw a rock in Vancouver without hitting a yoga studio. We happen to believe that’s a great thing. We love that our city has so many options if you want to stretch, work out your stress, and regain your inner equilibrium. But which yoga studio deserves the title Best of Vancouver? Since January is Wellness Month here at VancouverMom.ca, we thought we’d turn to the best experts on the city, our fellow moms, to find out.
Best of Vancouver Yoga Studio Finalists
Earlier this month we asked you to nominate your favourite yoga studios for this Best of Vancouver feature, and you came through. We’ve reviewed your nominations, and narrowed it down to eight finalists. Here they are, presented in alphabetical order:
- Bikram Yoga Vancouver – Bikram yoga is hot – and we’re not just referring to the temperature in the three Vancouver studios. Devotees believe there are a lot of wellness benefits to heat and Bikram yoga specifically, for your skin, muscles, lungs and more.
- Moksha Yoga – This hot yoga studio has three locations in the Vancouver area. You told us they have an amazing sense of community, and a very environmentally-friendly space. But are they the Best of Vancouver?
- One Yoga – They say they’re ‘for the people’, and you’ll find them at 201-150 West Hastings in Vancouver. They’re a vinyasa studio, which means that the movements are faster-paced, and synchronized with your breath.
- Sanga Yoga – You’ll find this yoga studio at 3458 Dunbar Street in Vancouver. They offer drop-in and progressive classes, as well as workshops and a whole lot more. Sanga means ‘association’ or ‘assembly’, a fitting name for a space where people come together.
- Semperviva Yoga – Semperviva has four studios on Vancouver’s West Side. They advertise a welcoming and supportive environment, and authentic yoga, for all practitioners. But does it have what it takes to be Best of Vancouver?
- SpiRe Wellness – Found at 2885 West 33rd Avenue, this Vancouver wellness studio is on a mission to ‘provide a wide variety of wellness options to stimulate your physical, mental, and spiritual ability’.
- Tola Yoga – Just to prove that good yoga studios do exist in the suburbs, we heard that many Vancouver moms love this studio at 1470 Prairie Avenue in Port Coquitlam. You said that they have amazing instructors and great energy. What’s not to love?
- YYoga – With eight locations around Metro Vancouver, and one in Whistler, there are lots of chances to get your om on at YYoga. While you seem to love all the locations, we heard a lot of people mention their Northshore Elements studio by name.
Cast Your Vote
We’ve shared the finalists, now it’s time for you to choose the Best of Vancouver. Vote for up to three of your favourites anytime before January 28, 2013. You may vote only once, so make it count!
Voting is now closed. Stay tuned for the results!