Our Top Newborn, Family and Portrait Photographers in Vancouver list highlights photographers who demonstrate a high calibre of professionalism and talent and specialize in maternity, newborn or family photography.
We connected with Meliza Orellano about her family photography work.
Top Family Photographers, a Q&A with Meliza Orellana Photography
Tell us a bit about your photography business
Meliza specializes in photographing families in their element – whether that’s baking cookies in their home, playing in a meadow or running on the beach. I provide families with an experience that’s directed, professional and one-of-a-kind for their maternity, newborn or family portrait sessions. I am honoured to have been featured in The Bump, a publication by The Knot Worldwide and Parents Canada.
What should clients expect when working with you?
Making you feel comfortable and confident is what matters most. I have nearly 20 years of experience as a professional makeup artist and a makeup application is included with every portrait session. Furthermore, this ensures mom feels as beautiful as she can while also giving her the time to relax and have time that’s about her. My main focus is creating an environment of comfort and joy.
3. Why (or how) did you get into photography?
I got into photography when my grandpa gave me a camera at a young age. As decades passed, carrying a camera around and realizing it could be more than a hobby, I left my corporate job to pursue my own business.
4. How would you describe your photographic style?
I capture honest moments while also offering direction. The portraits are light, warm, and connected.
5. Can you share a few a quick tips on how to prepare your kids for a photo shoot?
1. Keep them informed. Let them know what’s happening and prepare them ahead of time.
2. Show them the photographer’s social media. It will help if they recognize the photographer ahead of time.
3. Bring bribe snacks. Gummies work great, avoid chocolate
4. Embrace the chaos and let your photographer direct them
5. Breathe and have fun. Because if you’re not having fun, your kids won’t have fun either.
6. What is the best part about being a Family Photographer?
Being a part of capturing a family’s legacy is pretty special.
To Book a photoshoot and to get to know Meliza: www.melizaorellana.com
This post is sponsored by Meliza Orellana Photography
Meliza specializes in photographing families in their element – whether that’s baking cookies in their home, playing in a meadow or running on the beach. Meliza offers families a directed, professional, and unique experience. She feels honored to have earned features in The Bump, a publication by The Knot Worldwide, and Parents Canada.