Looking for some in-town, escape the heat, summer fun? Head to Kidtropolis. It’s cool inside (in more ways than one) and the kids won’t want to leave. We chatted with Ginny Lam, President & CEO of The World of Kidtropolis about their summer happenings.
Give us a brief description of what you are all about.
“Wow! This is the best place evvvvveeeeerrrrrr! Can I have my birthday party here?” ~ Eva, age 7
Kidtropolis is where imagination comes to play! We are an interactive pretend city designed to provide a safe, unique and realistic educational environment for kids to pretend play. It’s the perfect place for parents and caregivers to bond with their children by participating together in pretend play. Besides, we are a cool place to hang out for summer camps, school groups, birthday parties, private events and so much more!
What are three cool things kids (or families) can do there this summer?
- Come on by for a couple of hours or stay all day! We are open in our nicely air-conditioned City everyday till 6 pm this summer.
- Register the kids in our very popular summer camps that run until August 30th! Each week the kids will learn about our community with visits from our local heroes, participate in some pretty cool experiments and projects and just do what kids do – pretend play!
- Book your party with us! Whether it’s your birthday, team wind up party, or just a great hangout with your friends you can celebrate with us. We have everything from the venue, food, character experiences, face painting and even loot bags to make it super easy peasy for you.
How should families prepare for their time there?
- Wear socks! Socks are mandatory when playing in our city so make sure to bring them!
- Fill out the waiver BEFORE arrival to get in on the fun so much faster!
- Bring your camera to capture all those silly cool things you’ll be enjoying.
Why should everyone put you on their summer bucket list?
Kidtropolis is the place everyone wished they had when they were growing up. We are a cool, unique and fun place where you can be anyone you want to be. Fly the friendly skies in our airplane, catch the bad guys in our Police Station, check on those animals in our vet hospital or grab a scoop of ice cream at the store. Imagine. Laugh. Play. Put those on repeat when you come visit us!
This post is sponsored by one of our Community Builders, Kidtropolis
Kidtropolis is an interactive city model designed to provide a safe, unique and realistic educational environment that lets kids do what they do best: pretend play! Our goal is to provide purposeful play and hands-on learning experiences in a family-focused environment. Children use their imagination to become firefighters, police officers, restaurant owners, teachers, stage performers and more. Kidtropolis is the perfect environment for parents and caregivers to bond with their children by participating together in pretend play! www.kidtropolis.ca
Harriet Fancott is the Editor and Social Media Manager for Vancouver Mom. She has over 20 years experience in the arts, tech and mom-based blogging arenas. She lives in East Vancouver with her husband and son where they enjoy exploring all that Vancouver has to offer from festivals and events to playgrounds and beaches to sushi and ice cream (although not together).