Now that Spring Break is officially here, are you feeling some serious Spring Break FOMO?
Don’t miss our Last Minute Spring Break Getaway to Nanaimo giveaway. Here’s your chance to get your family out of Vancouver for a quick weekend getaway in nearby Nanaimo, the perfect destination for a last minute Spring Break trip with your family.
There are only two stipulations:
- You must be available to travel Friday, March 22 to Sunday, March 24.
- You must document your visit on social media and write about your experience for an upcoming article to appear on VancouverMom.ca.
Want to book right away? Check out the Coast Bastion Hotel (book by March 20) and the Best Western Dorchester (book by March 19) – both excellent hotels offering high quality family-friendly accommodations. Mention VANCOUVERMOM at booking.
Nanaimo: The Ultimate Last Minute Spring Break Getaway for Families
Located a short 20-minute flight aboard Helijet from downtown Vancouver, Nanaimo offers Vancouver families the perfect last-minute Spring Break getaway. This urban oasis on the shores of the Salish Sea, in the heart of Vancouver Island, provides adventure-seeking families with the perfect balance of leisure beach-time, cultural immersion, heart-pumping adventure and delicious opportunities to unwind – like its signature dessert bar and thriving craft beer scene.
Here’s what the Last Minute Spring Break Getaway to Nanaimo prize includes:
- Round-trip airfare aboard Helijet for a family of four, from Vancouver Harbour to Nanaimo Harbour. A complimentary shuttle can be arranged to your hotel so leave your car at home!
- Two nights stay in a Harbourview Suite (suits a family comfortably) at the Coast Bastion Hotel, located in downtown Nanaimo and just steps away from the harbour, shops and amenities.
- $100 gift card for admission to WildPlay, where you’ll find adventure activities for every intensity, featuring a kids course perfect for families. Also available: ziplines, aerial games, a 40ft jump, 150ft bungy jump, and a 150ft giant swing.
- A $150 gift certificate for a family dinner out at Gina’s Mexican Cafe, serving authentic Mexican fare in a cute and funky environment in downtown Nanaimo.
- Admission to the Nanaimo Museum, featuring the new Nanaimo Mysteries Exhibit, with a $50 gift card to commemorate your trip to Nanaimo with an artistic treasure.
- A $25 gift certificate to taste the freshness of locally sourced ingredients in handmade gelato at Cold Front Gelato, downtown Nanaimo.
- Admission for four to break-free – but only if you work together – from an escape room at Breakout Nanaimo. Approximate retail value $128.
- Hop aboard the Foot Ferry from Maffeo Sutton Park to Saysutshun (Newcastle Island) and explore the traditional territory of the Snuneymuxw First Nation. Saysutshun is a place of healing for the First people of Nanaimo, and there you can enjoy a tranquil walk along through the forest and shore. Ferry crossing is approximately $8 per person for a total of $32.
Approximate total value: $1,942
How to Enter
Fill out our entry form before Wednesday, March 20 at 12pm. We will inform the winner by 4pm that day.
Terms and Conditions
Read our complete terms and conditions.
Sponsored by Tourism Nanaimo
Tourism Nanaimo represents the interests of tourism stakeholders in the region of Nanaimo, BC., located centrally on Vancouver Island. Through inviting travellers to experience its coastal destination, Tourism Nanaimo drives the benefits of the visitor economy for all residents of British Columbia. Tourism Vancouver Island is under contract with the City of Nanaimo to deliver destination management services as Tourism Nanaimo. Tourism Vancouver Island is a not-for-profit organizations and one of five regional organizations working with Destination BC to drive tourism in BC.
Main Image Credit: Richard Kelly, Departure Bay
Christine Pilkington has over 15 years of digital and interactive media experience. Breakfast Television has dubbed her a Baby Product Guru and she frequently appears on CBC and CTV. She lives with her husband, three daughters and a Lagotto Romagnolo in East Vancouver, about 10 minutes from where she grew up. Christine is also the CEO of Crisp Media Inc, which develops digital marketing strategies for businesses.