In our second annual contest, VancouverMom.ca asked you to nominate your favourite Vancouver mom blogger (or bloggers) to add to our top 30 from last year. We came up with a great list of 30 more fabulous mom bloggers, and this Mother’s Day we’re thrilled to announce the winner … Karen Brackett of Adventures of the Sunshine Brigade, chronicling the life of daughter Nyana, a 27-week micropreemie who was just released from the hospital after seven months in NICU. Happy, happy Mother’s Day to Karen and to all our finalists! Each mom blogger truly is fabulous
Runners up in voting were:
- Cherie Ehlert-Cox of Sweet Charlie-Anne o’ Mine, blogging about her 22 month old daughter Charlie-Anne, who was diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type 1 (SMA) a terminal genetic disorder, at 6 months of age.
- Bruna of Bees With Honey, sharing her inspirations as well as the challenges she faces trying to balance a career and a home life.
- Rachel Jonat of The Minimalist Mom, documenting her journey to voluntary simplicity, including debt reduction, small wardrobes and how to tame the toy box.
Top Mom Blogger Honourees
Check out this year’s top 30 in order of publication:
- Arieanna Schweber of Active Mama
- Stephanie MacLeod of Munchkin and Me
- Cherie Ehlert-Cox of Sweet Charlie-Anne o’ Mine
- Angela of One Smiley Monkey
- Jodi Shaw of Rants n’ Rascals
- Tanaya of Bubbles Make Him Smile
- Karen Brackett of Adventures of the Sunshine Brigade
- Amanda Wray of Mon Petit Shoo
- Eve Johnson of shopEvalicious.com
- Jacqueline Way of 365give.ca
- Mo C. of Green Bean & Eco-Mo
- Bonnie Johnson, Tracy Westerholm and Jacquie Janzen Yee of Tara Cronica
- Rachel Jonat of The Minimalist Mom
- Janice of Janice’s Mash-Up
- Michelle Carchrae of The Parent Vortex
- Monika Whitney of Aias Dot Ca
- Teri Brewer of Hit by TNT
- Madeleine Shaw and Suzanne Siemens of The Lunablog: periods, politics and personalities
- Pamela Chan of BC Family
- Cathy Collis of Kick
- Danielle Connelly of Mother of a Deal
- Anna Cohen of Simply Stylish Mom
- Cynthia Scheffers of The Hippie Housewife
- Nikiah Seeds of Red Moon Musings
Diane Wild is a writer, editor and web communications consultant, working in the solar, health care, and arts industries. She also runs the website TV, eh? about Canadian television.