The East Vancouver classic, which opened in a modified way with 12 rides and games, some perennial treats and eats has added more rides including the iconic Wooden Roller Coaster as well as the fourth installment in the Taste of the PNE series – Best of BC Celebration in time for the BC Day long weekend. This latest iteration will be open runs until Labour Day
Playland rides open this summer
- Bug Whirled
- Honeybee Express
- Kettle Creek Mine Coaster
- Tea Cups
- Cap’n KC
- Balloon Explorers
- The Flutterbye
- Cool Cruzers
- Sea-to-Sky Swinger
- Pacific Adventure Golf
- Wooden Roller Coaster
- The Beast
- Westcoast Wheel
- Pirate Ship
- Music Express
- Dizzy Drop
There will also be limited food & beverage options. The famous Fundunkers mini donuts, Triple O’s, and candy floss will be available to gorge on.
Admission to Playland includes unlimited rides within the designated date/time slot, and a souvenir Playland face mask. It is mandatory to wear a face covering while in queues and on rides and all visitors are provided with a souvenir mask.
This BC Day long weekend (August 1-3) offers the fourth installment in A Taste of the PNE series – A Taste of the PNE: Best of BC Celebration.
The event features an afternoon or evening option of outdoor dining paired with lively entertainment. The event will be physically distanced with a 50-person capacity. Tix are $49.50 and must be purchased in advance. Each ticket includes admission, entertainment, a tour of the 2020 Prize Home, and dinner and one drink of choice from such vendors as Henry’s Chicken and Steve O’s. Admission also includes a pair of tickets to the PNE Fair in 2021 and $10 off Playland passes.
Food vendors include Henry’s Chicken serving half chicken with corn on the cob, Tin Lizzy serving Wiggle Chips, Steve O’s serving deep fried desserts (Kit Kat Fries, Mars bars and Oreos), and a selection of BC craft beer, cider, and wine options.
Safety precautions and procedures
- Limited capacity and transactions – you must purchase tickets in advance for date/time specific entry. Cash will not be accepted.
- Space for safety – practice physical distancing, keep 6 feet / 2 metres between your party and other guests. Plexiglass shields have been installed where possible.
- Clean hands often – wash regularly with soap. Use sanitizer before and after each ride. Enhanced cleaning measures have been added throughout the park.
- Masks required – wear a face covering in queue lines and on rides.
- Only travel in small groups within your social bubble and please stay home if you’re sick.
Tickets must be purchased online in advance. They are $29.50 and parking is $10. For more information, visit: https://www.pne.ca/playland2020/
Harriet Fancott is the Editor and Social Media Manager for Vancouver Mom. She has over 20 years experience in the arts, tech and mom-based blogging arenas. She lives in East Vancouver with her husband and son where they enjoy exploring all that Vancouver has to offer from festivals and events to playgrounds and beaches to sushi and ice cream (although not together).