The first ever “Bridge Warming” takes place this Friday (Nov 24) under the Cambie Bridge and promises “lights, music and extreme coziness.” And it’s completely FREE! This wonderful community event aims to brings “awe and wonder back to our oversaturated world.” Now that’s a sentiment we can all get behind. Oh … and did we mention, a gigantic blanket fort? #sold
Twenty students from SFU Semester in Dialogue at CityStudio have partnered with VIVA Vancouver to create engaging and thought-provoking projects underneath the Cambie Bridge. Bridge Warming shows the potential of Vancouver’s covered spaces for year-round events. Come on out, get cozy, and help them bring life to an underused space – rain or shine!
What you can do while you’re there
- Check out the interactive jam session at the pop up performance space (see sked below).
- Share your thoughts and creativity on our participatory chalk walls.
- Visit their outdoor living room for sharing skills, books and stories.
- Hang out in Vancouver’s first large-scale public blanket fort (with complimentary hot cocoa)
- Discover how native plants contribute to urban biodiversity in a miniature cityscape garden.
- Be immersed in Hfour light projections and lighting, alongside live music to end off the night.
WHO: Everyone is welcome!
WHEN: November 24th, 3 pm – 8 pm
WHERE: Underneath the south side of the Cambie Bridge, between 1st and 2nd Avenue; Near Olympic Village Station
WHAT: Bringing life to an underused space
The organizers respectfully acknowledge that the land this event takes place on is the unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) and sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) nations.
Harriet Fancott is the Editor and Social Media Manager for Vancouver Mom. She has over 20 years experience in the arts, tech and mom-based blogging arenas. She lives in East Vancouver with her husband and son where they enjoy exploring all that Vancouver has to offer from festivals and events to playgrounds and beaches to sushi and ice cream (although not together).