There is no better time to host a West Coast wellness, team-building or creative staff retreat than springtime. Spring speaks of renewal, rejuvenation and new life. And it’s hard to beat the idyllic, YMCA Elphinstone Event and Retreat Centre, located on the stunning (and easy to access) Sunshine Coast. Here are some great reasons to book a spring retreat.
5 reasons to book a retreat, conference or team getaway this spring
1. Trying to get back into a routine, nail down those resolutions and set some personal and professional goals are the name of the game at the beginning of the year so capitalize on all those good intentions by booking a spring retreat.
2. The start of a new year, especially coming off the winter holiday break, can be a busy time for everyone. By April, people have settled into their routines and are ready to embrace news ways of thinking.
3. January may signal the start of the new year but spring is when spirits lift, and people are ready for creative thought, idea generation and enjoying the outdoors. The YMCA Elphinstone site is set in nature perfect for a clearing the mind for new ideas.
4. A retreat is a perfect escape from the hustle, bustle and intensity of city work and life, a place where the mind expands.
5. By the time spring rolls around, your colleagues or your friends start feeling like they need an opportunity to refocus, recharge and connect with others. Try out games like capture the flag or archery!
6. If one of your goals is to be more active, then getting outdoors is a great way to step up your exercise game in 2020. The YMCA retreat offers a variety of fun and challenging activities from kayaking and paddleboarding to nature walks and orienteering.
Take advantage of all those good feelings and book your team in for a team-building retreat this spring!
This post is sponsored by YMCA Camps of Greater Vancouver
From weddings and conferences to team building getaways and wellness retreats, YMCA Elphinstone Event and Retreat Centre, located on B.C.’s stunning Sunshine Coast, will make your next event a memorable one! Full catering options available, along with on-site access to a range of land and water-based activities that everyone can enjoy. To learn more about dates and packages, contact 604-886-2025 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harriet Fancott is the Editor and Social Media Manager for Vancouver Mom. She has over 20 years experience in the arts, tech and mom-based blogging arenas. She lives in East Vancouver with her husband and son where they enjoy exploring all that Vancouver has to offer from festivals and events to playgrounds and beaches to sushi and ice cream (although not together).