One of our favourite times of the year is here, the time when we honour Vancouver’s rich community of mom bloggers in our Top 30 Vancouver Mom Blogger search! We’ve been doing this since 2010, making this is our sixth annual search. Each year we discover more outstanding local moms, and we’re excited to see who we meet this year. We need your help to make it happen. Tell us about your favourite blogs written by Vancouver moms. Who tops your must-read list? Whose posts move you to respond, tear up or chuckle out loud – or all three? Who helps feel connected to what it is to be a Vancouver mom? Submit your nominations, and let us know.
Vancouver Mom Blogger Eligibility
Not just anyone is eligible to be named one of Vancouver’s Top 30 Mom Bloggers. Here are the details on who you can nominate:
We accept only new nominees. If your favourite mom blogger was already recognized in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 or 2014, we know she’s fabulous, but she’s not eligible this year.
- The bloggers need to be moms, and they need to live in one of the communities in Metro Vancouver.
- The blogs must be active, with at least one new post each week.
- Nominated blogs do not need to be about motherhood or parenting. Moms have all sorts of interests, from crafts and cooking to marketing and business (yes business blogs are eligible) to politics and the arts. What’s important is that the blogger’s personality shines through.
- Self-nominations are allowed. Scratch that, self-nominations are encouraged. Please nominate yourself!
- We’re nominating individual moms, so group blogs are not eligible. However, we are willing to make exceptions for blogs with two authors, provided both are Vancouver moms.
Important notes: We do not take the number of nominations that any blogger receives into account. Someone who is self-nominated once is considered in exactly the same light as someone who is nominated 10 times by 10 different people. In other words, there is no need to call on all of your friends and family to nominate you, or to feel embarrassed about nominating yourself. We’re looking for bloggers with heart, who publish regularly, with aesthetically appealing sites. It also doesn’t hurt if their contact info is easy to find so that we can get in touch if we have any questions. Beyond that, anything goes, and we want moms with big blogs and small blogs, with two or 2,000 readers.
Image credits: Vairdy Photography
Here’s how this is going to go down:
- March 30 to May 1, 2015 – Nominating Period
- May 4 to 18, 2015 – We’ll profile our Top 30!
- May 11 to June 5, 2015 – Voting opens for the top overall Vancouver mom blogger
- June 10, 2015 – The top overall Vancouver Mom Blogger will be announced, and the entire Top 30 will be recognized
- June 17, 2015 – All of our 2015 Top 30 Vancouver Mom Bloggers will be honoured at a gala-gala-do at Nicole Bridger’s new location in Gastown!
Nominate Your Favourite Vancouver Mom Blogger
What are you waiting for? Start nominating!