Live music, costumed entertainers, and wagon rides with a sing-along! Oh, and did we mention free pumpkins? Here are five reasons the “Richmond Country Farm” Pumpkin Patch is our go-to farm for preschoolers, elementary kids, and the young-at-heart!
Five reasons to head to the Richmond Country Farm Pumpkin Patch
1) Dance with Korny the Cob!
Get your groove on with Korny and his costumed friends, including Polly the Pumpkin and Strawberry Shortcake! Kids and adults are invited to shake their sillies out to farm-themed classics performed by a live band (and it’s under cover if the weather is rainy)! All danced out? Grab a bale of hay, sit back and enjoy the show.
2) Wagon rides!
Ready to find your perfect pumpkin? Head to the wagon ride gate and climb aboard! Sing along with your fiddle-playing guide as the tractor-pulled wagon escorts you to the pumpkin patch fields. Watch out for spooky decorations, live farm animals, and a giant orange elephant along the way!
3) Free pumpkins!
Entertainment and no need to dig through grocery store bins for this year’s pumpkin? Deal! One pumpkin per person; free with admission, and a plastic bag is provided to help you carry your favourite pumpkin home.
4) Miniature train ride!
If dancing, wagon rides, and treasure-hunting for the perfect pumpkin isn’t enough, hop on the “candy-apple red” replica steam train (from the Trans-Continental Railroad) and enjoy a trip around the blueberry fields! Train rides are offered on weekends in October, weather permitting, for a small fee.
5) Food trucks & farmers market!
Poutine, fish and chips, mini donuts, and more! Craving fresh fruit and veggies? Shop the farmers market! Tummy full? Go romp in the hay tent! Bonus: help yourself to a complimentary Spartan apple to enjoy on your way home.
Pro tips to make the most of your visit!
- Stomping through muddy fields is a lot of fun if you’re wearing comfortable, waterproof boots and warm rain gear.
- Parking is free, but please be patient with the attendants who are directing traffic.
- The pumpkin patch is a working farm, so watch out for moving farm vehicles and stay in designated areas.
- Insta-worthy photo ops with little ones clutching their pumpkin are best if everyone’s muddy! Leave your clean whites at home, and embrace the dirt!
Located at 12900 Steveston Hwy, Richmond and open weekdays from 9:00 am to 1:30 pm, and weekends/holidays from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm starting October 6th, 2018