Over the past four-and-a-half years that we’ve been publishing VancouverMom.ca, we’ve written about a lot of kid-friendly Vancouver places, resources and events. One of the things that we’ve covered a number of times over the years is cycling with kids. With the days getting longer and the weather getting warmer, many families are once again digging their bicycles out of storage and getting ready to ride. If you’d like to get on two wheels with your little ones but aren’t sure where to start, we’re here to help. Our guide to kid-friendly Vancouver cycling contains a good variety of articles whether you have a baby, a toddler or beyond, and no matter where in Vancouver you live. Read on, and get ready to ride!
Kid-Friendly Vancouver Cycling Resources[unordered_list style=”bullet”]
- How to Go Cycling With Kids – Michelle Carchrae talks bike trailers, bike seats, trail-a-bike, boxcycles and kids on their own bicycles. Need help deciding which gear works for you? Check it out. Read more.
- Going Greener? Join the Vancouver Cycling Community – Gwen Floyd shares her tips for choosing a bike, planning your cycling route, helping your kids learn to ride and getting started. It’s a great primer on kid-friendly Vancouver cycling. Read more.
- Cycling Vancouver with your Baby – Guest contributor Talia Erickson shares her tips for cycling with a baby including why she loves her bike trailer, choosing a bicycle seat, how to make a fashion statement and how cycling encourages a healthy lifestyle. Read more.
- Cycling Vancouver: Five Tips for Riding with a Toddler – Lisa Corriveau shares toddler cycling tips including choosing a helmet, whether to opt for a child seat or trailer, why to consider shopping used, the importance of bicycle maintenance and how to find quieter cycling routes so you’re not riding in traffic. Read more.
- Cycling in Vancouver – Great Gear – Alexis Hinde writes about the importance of choosing great gear when you’re cycling in Vancouver. New tires, a solid lock, fenders, lights and panniers make riding that much easier. Read more.
- Kid-Friendly Vancouver: Starting Your Child on a Two-Wheeler – Amber Strocel shares her tips for getting your child started on a two-wheeler. Before you know it, your little one will be riding circles around you. Read more.
What about you – do you have any tips to make kid-friendly Vancouver cycling a little bit easier? Leave a reply and let us know!