Style Picks for the Chic Entrepreneur
Guest post by Helen Baker.
Entrepreneurs may not need to wear a suit to work, but they still need to look sharp. Here are Stylefinder’s fashion tips to help you find the best places in the city to polish up your daytime look. Looking chic and fresh is easy with this guide.
Stylefinder’s Fashion Tips
1. Start with a closet edit. Either hire a professional or be ruthless and edit your wardrobe down to only what you do wear and feel great in. The rest is just clutter, that will slow you down. Make a list of the essentials you need to complete your wardrobe, and head out shopping!
2. Buy some business clothes. Stylefinder really loves Canadian design sweetheart Jacqueline Conoir. Her studio is our go-to spot to find chic work clothes. The collection is inspired by the well-dressed women of Italy, and it features great blouses, jackets, and the best cut pants in the city.
3. Check out this fantastic wrap dress by the iconic Diane Von Furstenberg. Fusing feminine details and a saucy attitude, a wrap dress in a bold print and great fabric is an investment that you will wear for seasons to come.
4. Freshen up your look with some new makeup from BeautyMark. Book a makeover, with their in house makeup artists to help you get an updated look that will work for your look and for your life.
5. Find some sweet new summer shoes to complete your outfit. We suggest heading to Gravity Pope for a great selection of mid to high end priced shoes. Many brands are European and so well made, they will look great for seasons to come. Or if you’re on a budget this season,take last season’s shoes in The Quick Cobbler on West 2nd Ave, to make them brand new again.
6. Update your look with a great new handbag from The Bay. They really have something for everyone. From the investment bag to bags that look great but won’t break the bank.
7. Track down some new accessories to update your look. You can’t go wrong with local jewelry hub Blue Ruby. Buy a bib necklace to add instant chic to even the most basic tee or buy a few bracelets to pile on to keep current.