Happy Thanksgiving! Whether you’re in the middle of cooking a turkey, rushing off to dinner at the in-laws, or recovering from the feast you had earlier this weekend, it’s a safe bet that many of you are celebrating the harvest this weekend one way or another.
Here at VancouverMom.ca we’re celebrating, too. It’s traditional at this time of year to gather together with friends and family, and reflect on those things we’re most thankful for. We have come to think of you as part of our inner circle. You inspire us with the way that you’re defining what it means to be a mom in Vancouver. It seems only fitting, therefore, that we would take the time to pause with you and give thanks at Thanksgiving.
VancouverMom.ca’s Thanksgiving List
Here are some of the things that we’re especially thankful for this Thanksgiving:
- Vancouver – This fabulous city that we call home is the best place in the world to live – any Vancouverite can tell you that. But you don’t have to take our word for it, since we’re consistently rated as one of the most livable cities in the world.
- Our Contributors – Michelle Carchrae, Lisa Corriveau, Alexis Hinde, Kate Marples and Heather Maxwell Hall track down the best of Vancouver each and every month. They are in the know about what’s happening in their neighbourhood and across the city, and we love sharing their knowledge with you.
- Local Food – We’ve been celebrating the harvest here on VancouverMom.ca, tracking down local food all across the city. It turns out that we have an abundance, from farmers’ markets to community gardens to restaurants. As we tuck into our Thanksgiving feasts, remembering the people who grew our food seems appropriate.
- Our Sister Sites – We recently celebrated the launch of Entrepreneur Mom Now, and we’re looking forward to the upcoming launch of Toronto Mom Now this fall. We’re building on the legacy we created here at VancouverMom.ca, and we’re excited to be heading in a new direction!
- Our Sponsors and Advertisers – These fabulous folks help us pay the bills, and of course we appreciate that. But even more, they’re inspiring people who are going out of their way to make being a mom in Vancouver just a little bit better. We’re so glad to be working together with them.
- You – Last, but certainly not least, we’re thankful for our readers. We love it when you leave a response to a post you’ve read, or drop us a line with a tip or idea. And we’re thrilled when we get to chat on Twitter and Facebook. At the risk of repeating ourselves, you really do inspire us, and we couldn’t do what we do without you.
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? We’d love it if you joined in by leaving a response below!
Amber Strocel is a writer, aspiring math teacher, suburbanite, wife and mom of two. She believes in the power of the Internet to connect people, and she believes that numbers are the poetry of the universe. You can often find her knitting, sewing, volunteering, working in her garden, and sneaking chocolate when no one's looking. She blogs at Strocel.com and shares her photos on Instagram as @AmberStrocel.