Joyce Lau of Yummy Mummy Makeovers is a regular style contributor to VancouverMom.ca. In this podcast, we had a chance to talk with Joyce about looking your best while you’re on the go.
Why is it important to look your best?
- What is happening outside should be a direct reflection of what’s going on in the inside. They need to be in-sync.
- There may be consequences: you might lose that sale without knowing why. You might not get a promotion.
- When you look good, you feel good.
- You have five seconds. As much as we want to get to know someone, those first impressions are lasting impressions.
What are some reasons moms give for not looking their best?
- “Waiting to lose that last 10 pounds.” Have a healthy and active lifestyle, but dress who you are today.
- “Not wanting to invest in pieces because I won’t be able to use them in a few months.” However, it’s important to invest in some transitional pieces. They don’t have to be expensive. They just need to tide you over.
What are your recommended work wardrobe essentials?
- 1 business suit
- 2 jackets (blazers)
- 2 dress pants
- 1 dress
- 2 skirts
- 3 tops
- Versatile shoes
- Classic coat or trench
- Important to buy a piece that helps you make three outfits.
- Be honest and combat your closet. Go through your closet and find out what’s missing and make a list.
- Incorporate colour. It shouldn’t all be black.
- Sign up for Yummy Mummy Makeover workshops! Will help you save time, frustration and money.
- Get your skills, know your body and be empowered to do it on your own.
Connect with Joyce or find out more at www.ymmakeovers.com.