We’re looking for five fantastic dynamos to join our team.
Social Media and Content Manager (Part-time Contract)
A whiz with Facebook and Twitter, you know how what hip-and-happening moms in Vancouver are interested in and how to engage them using social media in a corporate setting. You’ve used Hootsuite before, know what an RSS feed is, read things like Mashable and know who Gary Vaynerchuk is.
You’ve worked with WordPress (or another similar blog software) and have no problem working in a virtual environment using tools like Dropbox and Google Docs. You’re an excellent writer who has an edgy, quirky and sassy tone and can coordinate others to produce a minimum of five articles a week (you’d maybe write one or two). You also are familiar with SEO (or are pretty eager to find out more about it).
As an added bonus, you also have a bit of HTML (although that’s not generally required for this kind of role). You have all the necessary programs loaded on your computer and can do things like crop images.
You’re available about 6 to 10 hours a week and relish working towards deadlines and taking ownership. Most of all, you do what you love and you love what you do. Sounds a bit like you? Then hurry up and get in touch with us.
City Blogger (6 months)
We are looking for four bloggers to cover what happening in their local communities:
- Downtown (Yaletown, West End, Gastown, Coal Harbour, etc)
- Central (Main St., Cambie, etc)
- East Side (Commercial Drive, Strathcona, Hastings-Sunrise, Cedar Cottage, etc)
- West Side (South Granville, Granville Island, Kits, Dunbar, etc)
We are not currently looking for bloggers in any other area.
Here’s the nitty-gritty:
- As a City Blogger, you know what’s going on in your neighbourhood and know that other moms would want to know too. An interesting pop-up store open in your hood? We want to know about it. Your local coffee shop just add a kids colouring section? Tell us. We’re looking for cool fashion boutiques, profiles on local designers and artists, local event coverage, secret hiking trails and parks and other interesting views on what’s happening in your neighbourhood.
- Produce 20 posts in 6 months. Five of your posts must be dining related (coffee shop, restaurant, take-out, whatever).
- Posts should be about 300 to 600 words long and exclusive to VancouverMom.ca. Each should be accompanied by at least one original photograph. (Are you more of a photographer than a writer? We still want to hear from you.)
- You need to know your way around WordPress or another kind of blog program.
- Want to break into a writing career? This is an excellent way to build your portfolio on a well-recognized publication. This role can easily extend beyond 6 months.
Interested? Please contact us.