With Halloween just a few days away, many of us may still be undecided on how we will make this occasion memorable yet safe for our children whilst adhering to the new provincial health guidelines.
For the last three pumpkin patches, I’ve selected three notable patches across our Greater Vancouver region in hopes that one will catch your eye for some Halloween Day fun.
First up, The Chilliwack Corn Maze may be most well known in The Valley, but did you know that there’s also another lesser known pumpkin patch and amusement facility in the Fraser Valley?
Petey’s Pumpkin Patch is a great place to visit for children of all ages. They have a train ride down to the pumpkin patch (with with a small petting zoo for the little ones) and a haunted open-air maze along with interactive games for the older kids.
If your son is a fan of the Dog Man series like mine, they will find the greatest joy in heading to Petey’s Pumpkin Patch as they share the same moniker of the main villain in the series.
How to Plan Your Visit
Admission and Hours
- Monday—Friday: 12-5pm
- Additional dark hours for the haunted open-air Maze, please call ahead for time
- Halloween OPEN: 12-4pm
- $8 general admission & free for children 2 & under
- Book your tickets online for guaranteed entry
- Train ride down to the pumpkin patch, interactive games, an open-air maze, petting zoo & Halloween photo ops around the facility
- Masks must be worn while on the ride, each train car is equipped with plexiglass—please bring your own mask.
- A massive 3-acre pumpkin patch offering orange pumpkins & gourds
Plentiful FREE parking on-site
Portable outhouse washroom on site with proper Covid precautions and social distancing rules in effect—no baby change table on site
What to Bring / What to Wear
Rainboots and coat is always a good idea for a farm
They have a general store on site and a BBQ Food Truck, Guerilla Q serving foo
- Wagons are offered on-site, yet the site is large and is stroller-friendly
- Don’t forget to ask for the Murder Mystery Scratch Card game, we you must hunt for clues in the pumpkin patch in order to solve the mystery—great game for the older kids.
- Look for the rare vintage precision scale at the welcome desk—a neat way to weigh your finds
Petey’s Pumpkin Patch
9423 Gibson Road, Chilliwack, BC
the author behind @buddycons, Connie writes about her detailed adventures with her kids around BC (& beyond), believer of 'presence over presents' in motherhood and literacy development in children. She shares ideas on gentle minimalism and home organization with having less, but best. She lives in the Metro Vancouver area with her husband and two kiddos. Before becoming a mom she worked in the Financial Industry and is a two-time award winning People Leader. Follow her adventures and updates on Instagram @buddycons.