With Music Together Online, you’ll have access to the same high-quality music and movement curriculum loved by millions of families and teachers around the world—from home!
During each interactive Zoom class, your favorite teachers from West Side Music Together will lead activities for you and your whole family to sing, play, and jam along to. You’ll receive our current collection of award winning music, and your teacher will show you how to take everyday items like ice cream pails, rice filled yogurt tin, and chopsticks and turn them into musical props! Classes are appropriate for children under 5, and the whole family is welcome (and encouraged!) to participate.
When you enroll, you will receive our current songbook and CD with a code to download your music through our award-winning Hello Everybody app or your to your desktop using your Music Together account. You’ll also have access to our WSMT Family Portal, where we will share musical inspiration, mini-class videos, and activities to try at home. Let us bring the Joy of Family Music™ to your living room!
Summer 2020 Music Together Online is a package of online music experiences and resources that create a comprehensive music learning program.
- 8 weeks of 30-minute live, interactive Zoom class with your beloved teacher. There will be extra time for kids to muck about with each other on the camera and adults to chat and text each other in the chat box before and after class. (Maximum 12 families)
- PLUS one in person park class to be announced during the term when the weather looks good!
- All NEW music from the Kazoo songbook and CD including a digital music download code (inside your hardcover songbook) that can be used to download the music to your free Hello Everyobody App or your MusicTogether.com account
- Access to the WestSideMsuicTogether.ca Family Portal with additional videos including Music Together mini classes, parent education, musical crafts, lullabies, and more!
- Access to musical games and activities on the Music Together Family Zone at www.MusicTogether.com
- Tuition is $125 and includes all of the above
How Does is Work?
We know screen time isn’t generally recommended for this age group, but here’s the difference: YOU! When children stare at a screen and passively receive information, they don’t take it in the same way nor do they learn in the same way as when they have the active participation of a caregiver or parent. SO, just like in our classes, you’re still the most important part. Your teacher will be on the screen, they might see their classmates on the screen, but it is truly the interaction of the parent/caregiver with the child that is going to continue their music development! Seeing and hearing you speaking the language of music is vital for them to learn the language themselves. Children learn any language at this age by listening to the adults around them speak that language. Music is no different. Your teacher won’t be “performing” for everyone online, but instead, just as always, she’ll be facilitating all the adults participation and role modeling for their little ones! We encourage you to participate the same way you would normally in the classroom even if your child wanders away and comes back frequently through the class. We will support each other as grown-ups in this experience and we will be receiving a lots of benefits ourselves like increased endorphin and oxitocin levels and generally ‘upping’ our mood through the act of making music. Lucky us!
For more tips on how to have a successful online Music Together class, here.