12 fun days. • FREE admission • Carousel Rides: only $2.65 each Tile, wallpaper, and quilts--everywhere you look, patterns abound in the village. Pick up a clue sheet and search for designs
12 fun days.
• FREE admission
• Carousel Rides: only $2.65 each
- Tile, wallpaper, and quilts–everywhere you look, patterns abound in the village. Pick up a clue sheet and search for designs and activities as you explore.
- The Way Sang Yeun Wat Kee Chinese Herbalist Shop is once again open for business. Learn about the importance of Chinese medicine to BC’s early Chinese-Canadian communities.
- Visit the Love Farmhouse to see how vegetables were pickled in the past and today. Smell the pickling jar, turn the French bean cutter, and put the “waste” in the slop bucket.
- Kids get to hammer, bend, and twist “metal” at the kids’ blacksmithing interactive in the newly renovated Blacksmith Shop.
- Catch one of a series of brand-new, short films for children about Burnaby’s history, screening at the Central Park Theatre.
- All Aboard! Swing by the Interurban Tram Barn to see this wonderfully restored 1912 interurban tram, which once used to run along Burnaby’s interurban tram lines.
|Monday to Friday||Welcome families and day campers! Our activity leader will be on site from 12-4pm ready to lead children in hopscotch, tic tac toe, bagatelle, skittles and horseshoes. A little croquet anyone?|
|Tuesdays||Hear the whistle blow! Watch staff demonstrate the type of steam equipment that would have been used to power heavy equipment in sawmills and other industries in early Burnaby.|
|Saturday & Sunday||Listen to the rhythm of the platen press as staff run this century-old equipment at the Print Shop.
Families are invited to make their own special project with their kids at the craft station in the Real Estate Office from 12-4pm.
Learn from Indigenous educators who share their knowledge of Coast Salish history and culture in Burnaby at the Indigenous Learning House from 12-4pm.
Carousel will NOT be operating between 1:30-2pm daily as our operators will be taking a well deserved break!
16 (Monday) 11:00 am - 27 (Friday) 4:30 pm