18mar2:00 pm3:00 pmRiver Basin Days: Nests and Eggs at Burnaby Fraser Foreshore Park!Recommended Ages:3 to 4 - Preschoolers,5 to 8 - Primary,9 to 12 - Intermediate,Over 13 - Teens
River Basin Days is a series of outdoor public programs for families. Join us at different locations around the Fraser River Basin as we explore this incredible watershed! Our
River Basin Days is a series of outdoor public programs for families. Join us at different locations around the Fraser River Basin as we explore this incredible watershed! Our staff will guide you through one hour of activities, experiments, and art projects as we learn about the biodiversity of this great river.
Spring is just around the corner and the birds are getting ready! In this workshop, we’ll learn about some of the ways that birds prepare for spring. Through fun hands-on activities, we’ll explore the diversity of bird nests, and discover what role egg colours play in keeping baby birds safe. Join us at Burnaby Fraser Foreshore Park for an eggs-cellent afternoon!
Registration cost includes admission to the Fraser River Discovery Centre. Pay when you register for this workshop, and the next time you visit the Centre in-person, you will be admitted for free.
COVID-19 safety protocols are in place, so please register in advance. Click here to register.
WHEN: Saturday March 18th, 2:00-3:00
- With enough interest, we will open a second workshop from 12:30-1:30. Please email email@example.com to express your interest.
WHERE: Burnaby Fraser Foreshore Park
- Please meet beside the parking lot located at the intersection where Byrne Rd turns into Fraser Park Dr.
- Learn about nest building!
- Explore egg camouflage!
- Get ready for Spring!
WHO: While everyone is welcome, this workshop is aimed at children and their families.
COST: Includes admission to the Discovery Centre. Specific costs are listed below:
- Family Ticket ($15.00 each) – for 2 adults and up to 4 children
- Adult Ticket ($6.00) – Adult 19 and older
- Senior Ticket ($5.00) – Senior 65 and older
- Student Ticket ($5.00) – Student ID required
- Child ticket ($3.00) – children aged 3-12
- Children 2 and under register for free.
- Pre-registration is required.
- Individual group size is limited to five (5) maximum. Workshop registration limited to five (5) groups.
- During the workshop, groups are required to follow physical distancing guidelines.
- Masks are recommended.
(Saturday) 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm