This is a repeating eventnovember 3, 2019 7:00 pm
The favourite all-ages Halloween attraction is back with the all-new haunted house, “Death Valley Motor Inn,” and much more Potter’s House of Horrors — one of the Lower Mainland’s largest and
The favourite all-ages Halloween attraction is back with the all-new haunted house, “Death Valley Motor Inn,” and much more
Potter’s House of Horrors — one of the Lower Mainland’s largest and most-loved Halloween attractions — will soon be returning for its 17th year of family-friendly frights and fun. Better still… it’s coming back earlier than ever: Sept. 27 and 28, for two special Preview Nights (the attraction will then open for its regular run, Oct 4. through Nov. 2).
No ordinary haunted house, Potter’s House of Horrors is more of a live theatre attraction, complete with trained actors just dying to scare guests! The “scare crew” at Potter’s spends months planning this annual maze of terror — complete with the latest high-tech animatronics and digital sounds. Family Hour and a special “Li’l Haunters” attraction (for children 12 and under) ensure everyone can be part of the fun. Partial proceeds go to Critter Care Wildlife Society. Potter’s House of Horrors is also proud to support the Surrey Food Bank and will be accepting non-perishable food donations onsite.
This year, Potter’s House of Horrors includes:
- Death Valley Motor Inn (NEW FOR 2019): More than a haunted house, this is the sort of dusty old desert motel that nightmares are made of! Shadowy figures roam the hallways, searching for their next victim, while the old man behind the counter seems oddly unconcerned. And what’s behind all those doors, anyway?! It’s said that guests check in, but rarely do they check out.
- Devil’s Descent Haunted House: A terrifying vortex of rotted wood, rickety mineshafts, punishing industrial machines, monsters and zombies. And the Potter’s “chicken counter” is sure to rack up a ton of “bok-boks” when people run screaming out of the exits.
- Li’L Haunters: A kids-only attraction with two mini haunted houses that aren’t too dark or scary, containing no animatronics or actors. The first house, Mystic Village, includes a slightly creepy ghost town that sets the tone for the fun to follow at the second house, Spooky Castle. Other neat stuff includes a basketball/baseball toss, and table games such as air hockey and foosball. Children 2 & under and parents/guardians are always admitted free. Braver kids may want to check out Family Hour at Potter’s House of Horrors, recommended for children ages 12 and up.
- Escape from Incineration: Attendees have 20 minutes to escape a “burning” building, complete with smoke effects and annoying neighbours. Tickets available online.
- Haunted Photo Booth: Get four freakish photos sent directly to your phone or email, complete with fun green-screen effects.
- The Last Ride: Experience what it’s like to be enclosed in a coffin and whisked away to a ghostly graveyard — complete with sound effects.
- Xtreme Paintball Haunted Shootout: Shoot 50 rounds at haunted props and spooky animatronics.
- Creep’s Concession: Including neon cotton candy, theatre-style popcorn, “haunted” hot dogs, and more.
Preview nights: Sept. 27 – 28 (50% off all tickets)
Regular run: Oct. 4 – Nov. 2 (closed Monday, Oct. 14, for Thanksgiving)
• Ultra-scary show 7pm – 10pm (extended hours on certain nights)
• Family Hour — a tamer version of the scary haunted houses, for younger guests or the faint of heart — is offered earlier. Hours vary
• Li’l Haunters, suitable for children 12 and under. Check schedule for open hours
• To view the complete event schedule, visit: pottershouseofhorrors.com
Potter’s Farm & Nursery
12530 – 72nd Avenue, Surrey (one block west of Kwantlen University; two blocks east of Cineplex Odeon Strawberry Hill Cinemas)
Note: Parking is free. Open rain or shine — haunted houses, box-office line, and lines to enter are all indoors. Concession and snacks are available on site.
Admission Rates and Tickets
• Tickets are available in advance from pottershouseofhorrors.com or at the door. Tickets have limited availability. It is highly recommended tickets be purchased online in advance
• 50% off all tickets during Preview Nights, Sept. 27 and 28
• Early bird pricing: 25% savings on select nights (when purchased online only)
About Potter’s House of Horrors
Every fall, Potter’s Farm & Nursery staff converts the grounds from an enjoyable, plant-filled garden centre into a maze of terror, with all the latest animatronics, digital sounds, high-tech scares and trained actors to put on a fun and scary event that sends chills down the spine of all those who enter. Entering season 17 of our horrifically awesome event, the crew at Potter’s is more enthusiastic than ever to try to make you scream, whimper, cry, holler, yodel, laugh, gargle, giggle and guffaw! Whatever your reaction, Potter’s House of Horrors is dedicated to giving patrons a frighteningly creepy and monstrously enjoyable time this Halloween season.
(Friday) 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Potters Farm and Nursery
12530 72nd Ave