The largest and oldest Polar Bear Swim in the world is celebrating its 100th anniversary and we're planning our largest event ever. 🎉 Take an invigorating dip in English
The largest and oldest Polar Bear Swim in the world is celebrating its 100th anniversary and we’re planning our largest event ever. 🎉
Take an invigorating dip in English Bay for Vancouver’s 100th annual New Year’s Day Polar Bear Swim and join thousands of hardy “polar bears” in this FREE Vancouver tradition!
Whether it’s your 57th time participating or you’re getting this off your bucket list, join us at English Bay on New Years Day.
Where: English Bay Beach
When: January 1, 2020 12-4pm, swim takes place at 2:30pm SHARP
• Enjoy musical entertainment, food trucks, and more.
• Dress-up in fancy costume
• Compete in the Peter Pantages Memorial 100 yard swim race
• Tag your photos with #VanPolarBearSwim on Twitter and Instagram for a chance to win one of two 1 month flexipasses + more prizes!
• Come out to watch and delight in the spectacle!
Register online for a chance to win a Polar Bear Swim prize pack! www.vancouver.ca/Polar-Bear-Swim
The Greater Vancouver Food Bank will be accepting donations of non-perishable food or cash – please be generous!
Arrive prepared, here are some swim tips!
• If you have a heart problem – just watch!
• Children must swim and stay with an adult.
• Please leave your dog at home.
• Do not drink – alcohol does not warm you up – it accelerates hypothermia.
• Do not stay in the water longer than 15 minutes. Body heat is lost 25 times faster in water than in air.
• Do not remove your clothing until swim time. The swim will be started by a flag and siren.
• Entrants in the 100 yard race – meet in the front line on the north side (Stanley Park side) of the enclosure.
• First 3 swimmers to touch the marker buoy by the lifeguard boat – give your names to the lifeguard.
• After you swim, pick up your commemorative button at the large polar bear or at the registration table.
• Warm up with coffee or hot chocolate.
(Wednesday) 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
English Bay Bathhouse
1700 Beach St