Check out Mother Earth's artistic side! Our annual Copper and Fire event celebrates artists from all over BC that use mined materials "of the earth" including metalworkers, painters, jewellers and
Check out Mother Earth’s artistic side! Our annual Copper and Fire event celebrates artists from all over BC that use mined materials “of the earth” including metalworkers, painters, jewellers and sculptors. Join us on Saturday September 14th to celebrate the arts and observe talented artists showcase and demonstrate their craft.
- Byron Anderson: Handmade, copper wire tree sculpture artist
- Ailsa Brown: Contemporary art pottery and paintings that are inspired by the plant life and forests of the Pacific Northwest.
- Sarah Groves: Original metallic designs or jewelry using copper, silver, gold, pearls and natural gemstones.
- Amy Liebenberg: Etching, a type of printmaking, involving copper, acid, paper and a little magic.
- Angela Muellers: Portraits, figures, and landscapes artist specializing in capturing the character & spirit of her inspiration.
- Valeri Sokolovski: Internationally acclaimed artist, exhibiting sculptures and paintings.
- Jim Unger: Handmade, copper artwork made out of copper sheeting.
- Martin Vseticka: Custom gold & silver jewelry designed using the forge & form method.
Copper and Fire is sponsored by Epcor and the British Columbia Arts Council.
Date: Saturday, September 14th
Time: 10AM to 3PM
Place: The historic Machine Shop