The City of North Vancouver has delivered an outdoor skate plaza to the community. The Shipyard Commons skate plaza is the region's largest outdoor
The City of North Vancouver has delivered an outdoor skate plaza to the community. The Shipyard Commons skate plaza is the region’s largest outdoor skating rink. This unique 12,000 square foot venue is covered by a retractable roof and is located on the City’s waterfront at The Shipyards. The City skate plaza is surrounded by seasonal décor, entertainment, activity, shops and restaurants all in a waterfront setting. In the summer months, the area is transformed into a water play zone.
Set against the beautiful backdrop of downtown Vancouver and the North Shore mountains, the outdoor skate plaza at The Shipyards is the City’s newest public amenity and gathering space.
Opened in mid December, the skate plaza offers daily skating, skate rentals, as well as free helmets and skate aides. Those with their own skates, skate for free. Helpful Site Hosts are on the ice at all times to help our guests. Enjoy!
Skate Plaza Information
- Hours: 12-7pm daily
- FREE admission
- Skate rentals are available for $7 adult/$5 child (limited quantities)
- Skate rental ends 30 minutes prior to close
- You may use your own skates
- Helmets and skate aides are available free of charge
- Helmets are mandatory for kids 12 and under
- Supervision is not provided at ANY time
- Skate Plaza closes for ice cleaning at 2pm & 4:30pm daily for 30-45min
- Skate Plaza may close occasionally due to weather conditions
- Parking is available underground at the Shipyard Commons
As an outdoor rink, the condition of the ice surface fluctuates with wind, humidity and air temperatures. The condition of the ice is monitored regularly and there may be times when the Skate Plaza has to close unexpectedly.
(Thursday) 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
North Vancouver Shipyards
15 Wallace Mews