The Vancouver Independent School for Science and Technology (VISST) is a leading educational institution in Vancouver that specializes in STEM education. As Vancouver’s first and only STEM-focused high school, VISST aims to provide students with unique and exceptional learning experiences. One way they achieve this is through their wide range of STEM summer, spring, weekend, and after-school camps.
The VISST camps are designed to be both fun and hands-on, allowing students aged 8-17 to engage with STEM topics in an exciting and immersive environment. These camps are developed and taught by award-winning instructors and PhDs who bring their extensive knowledge and expertise to each program. The instructors at VISST are committed to ensuring that each student has a meaningful and enriching learning experience.
STEM topics covered in the VISST camps include Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, Sustainability, Engineering Design, Game Programming/Coding, the Physics of Black Holes, and more. The camp curriculum is designed to be dynamic and adaptable, allowing students to learn at their own pace and explore their interests. In addition to STEM, the VISST camps also offer Humanities topics such as Writing, Visual Art, and History. This provides a well-rounded educational experience that encourages students to explore their creativity and intellectual curiosity.
Upon completion of any of the VISST camps, students will earn a certificate of completion from the school. This certificate recognizes the hard work and dedication of each student and serves as a testament to their commitment to learning and personal growth.
In summary, VISST offers:
- Exceptional STEM education in Vancouver
- Unique and exceptional STEM summer, spring, weekend, and after-school camps for students aged 8-17
- Programs developed and taught by award-winning instructors and PhDs
- STEM topics include Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, Sustainability, Engineering Design, Game Programming/Coding, the Physics of Black Holes, and more
- Humanities topics include Writing, Visual Art, and History
- A well-rounded educational experience that encourages creativity and intellectual curiosity
- A certificate of completion for each student upon finishing any of the programs.