Get tickets for your top picks at the 2020 Vancouver International Children’s Festival today, March 4! Tickets are on sale now for the fun, kid-friendly fest that runs from May 25 to May 31 on Granville island. They’ve got tons of exciting shows for all ages (yes, even babies and toddlers) from veteran kids performers like Charlotte Diamond and Scotland’s White to First Nations puppetry and jaw-dropping acrobatics.
13 professional performing artists from all over the world are scheduled to perform 100 shows for all ages including the tiniest of show-goers (babies and toddlers on up) at this year’s Festival.
Pictured: Mokatek and the Missing Star, Kif-Kif Sisters, and White
- The iconic Charlotte Diamond will be at the fest with her famed Hug Bug Band. She’ll perform sing-along faves like Octopus (AKA Slippery Fish) and Four Hugs a Day.
- White is a dazzling, playful, highly visual show for the preschooler set from Scotland.
- Indigenous show Mokatek and the Missing Star is an adventurous puppetry tale steeped in the rich cultures of the Abenakis and the Maliseet First Peoples.
- Parents are a Drag features decked out drag queens, and a whole lot of zany fun for the littles.
- The Kif-Kif Sisters are identical twins whose blend of comedy and audience interaction is enough to make vegetables explode!
Many performances sold out early last year, so this is your chance to purchase tickets for your top picks!
PS: All tickets include entry to the fun-filled, on-site Activity Village. Think circus skills, master face painters, an amazing maze, giant board games, an arts and science lab, yoga, origami, twist and toddle and more.
This post is sponsored by the Vancouver International Children’s Festival
The 43rd annual Vancouver International Children’s Festival takes place on Granville Island where world-class theatre, music, dance, circus, puppetry and storytelling comes to entertain Vancouver children and families. This year, 13 professional performing artists from as far-reaching as Scotland and Australia are scheduled to perform 100 fantastic shows.
Harriet Fancott is the Editor and Social Media Manager for Vancouver Mom. She has over 20 years experience in the arts, tech and mom-based blogging arenas. She lives in East Vancouver with her husband and son where they enjoy exploring all that Vancouver has to offer from festivals and events to playgrounds and beaches to sushi and ice cream (although not together).