We’re well into fall and the kids are settled in school or preschool making it the perfect time to carve out some quality me-time before the Christmas onslaught begins. Why not join us for incredible speakers, and head and heart time at this year’s Leading Moms on October 27th.
This year’s theme is change Can you imagine a more apt theme for motherhood and the world we live in? Let’s face it, everything changes and everything is changing at break neck speed. We’ve got a lineup of incredible women who can put change into perspective including performing artists, a psychologist, a neuroscientist, a city councillor and our keynote Lotte Davis, the founder and CEO of One Girl Can.
Each year I leave the event feeling refreshed, and inspired. Leading Moms is about connecting other moms in the community. It’s a day to immerse yourself in inspiration, and focus on yourself; something that oftentimes gets put on the back burner. ~ Jamie Khau
This is a not-to-be missed event!
Seven reasons you should come to Leading Moms!
1) You’ll experience an unforgettable and inspiring morning filled with stories from mothers making a difference in all arenas of life, in the arts, in girls lives, in mental health, media and social change.
2) Emotional release. Bring Kleenex. Last year, there wasn’t a dry eye in the house and that includes speakers. This is powerful stuff, and it feels good to just let go with like-minded women.
[A] fabulous day full of inspirational words from successful women…. I’ll be there next year. I came home from the conference feeling refreshed and ready for big hugs from my girls. ~ Jenny Lutes
2) Me time! Adult time! Mom time! Set aside some time in your calendar just for you! Immerse yourself. Fill your heart and connect with some amazing moms in a child-free setting (although babes in arms are always welcome).
3) Get your burning questions answered. All speakers will have a Q&A sessions after their talks.
4) No need to find child care for the kiddos. Buddings Daycare is offering a limited number of FREE hourly childcare spots to Leading Moms attendees from 8am – 4pm on Oct. 27 on a first come, first served basis.
6) You’ll get to check out a swanky new venue in Olympic Village!
7) Did we mention schwag including a $20 gift voucher to Tsawwassen mills and goodies? (Never hurts right?)
BONUS: The best cinnamon buns in the city courtesy of Higher Grounds!
Date: Friday, October 27, 2017
Time: 9:30 am to 2:30 pm (Doors open at 8:30 am)
Light Breakfast & Lunch included in ticket price
Where: Goldcorp Stage at the BMO Theatre Centre (162 West 1st Ave, Olympic Village, Vancouver)
The event has not only provided me with a venue to take in inspiring stories from leading women, it has given me a space to connect with like-minded moms, and to explore my own inner leader. ~Bianca Bujan