Article by Amy Lee, one of our 2012 Top 30 Vancouver Mom Bloggers, who teamed up with other 2012 honourees to share their favourite holiday traditions.
To many of us, Christmas is so much more than decorating the tree or opening presents on Christmas morning.
Over the past few weeks, I’ve teamed up with 12 of Vancouver Mom’s Top 30 Vancouver Mom Bloggers, and we shared some of our beloved family Christmas traditions. It’s amazing to me that we all have very different holiday traditions that we enjoy, and most of them are not your typical Christmas activities.
Some of us have traditions from our childhood that we vividly remember. Now that we have families of our own, we are continuing these traditions so our children can experience the season’s joy and magic.
Holiday Traditions, New and Old
Some of us created new traditions with our families. These traditions were created because they are things we value like giving back, and some traditions are created out of necessity because of certain food allergies.
No matter what the tradition, all of our holiday traditions have one thing in common – spending quality time with the people we love and creating new memories together. After all, isn’t that what Christmas is all about?
12 Days of Christmas Traditions
Here is what we love to do with our families over the holidays:
- Day 1 – Julie Nowell on traditions in a new home
- Day 2 – Jen Kossowan from Mamma.Papa.Bubba on homemade ornaments and crafts
- Day 3 – Lori McGrath at The Write Mama on her Christmas village
- Day 4 – Amy Lee at The Connection We Share on her experiential advent calendar
- Day 5 – Erin McGann at Erin at Large on the giving part of Christmas
- Day 6 – Jessica Blumel at North Shore Mama on a few of her favourite Christmas things
- Day 7 – Suzanne Serwatuk at Enchanted Chameleon on a gluten-free Christmas
- Day 8 – Hillary Westover-Moran at Double the L Please on her Christmas Eve BBQ
- Day 9 – Lisa Corriveau at The Sprog on their blended Christmas traditions
- Day 10 – Eschelle Westwood at Mumfection on the German Pickle
- Day 11 – Brandee Foster at One Crazy Kid on Christmas lights
- Day 12 – Tairalyn at Little Miss Mama on stained glass cookies
We want to hear about your favourite holiday traditions, as well. Find out how to share your family’s most-loved seasonal activities at You Say: Share Your Vancouver Holiday Traditions.
Amy Lee is a children’s photographer who celebrates mother-child relationships. Her blog The Connection We Share is a place where she shares ideas and inspirations for mothers to connect and bond with her children.