One of our favourite times of the year has once again arrived: the time when we honour Vancouver’s amazing mom bloggers in our Top 30 Vancouver Mom Bloggers search. We’ve been doing this since 2010, and each year we discover more and more fabulous moms. But we’re not the experts, you are. So we’re asking you to tell us about your favourites. Which Vancouver mom bloggers top your must-read list? Whose posts make you laugh, cry, think – or all three? Who helps to connect you a little bit more deeply to what it means to be a Vancouver mom? Submit your Vancouver mom blogger nominations, and let us know.
Mom Blogger Eligibility
Not just anyone is eligible to be named one of Vancouver’s Top 30 Mom Bloggers. Here are the details on who you can nominate:
- We accept only new nominees. If your favourite mom blogger was already recognized in 2010, 2011 or 2012, we know she’s fabulous, but she’s not eligible this year.
- The bloggers need to be moms, and they need to live in one of the communities in Metro Vancouver.
- The blogs must be active, with regular posts.
- Nominated blogs do not need to be about motherhood or parenting. We know moms blog about all sorts of things, from cooking to politics to travel to home improvement. What’s important isn’t the subject matter, but that the personality of the blogger shines through.
- Business blogs are eligible, but once again, the personality of the blogger should shine through.
- Self-nominations are allowed. Scratch that, self-nominations are encouraged.
- We’re nominating individual moms, so group blogs are not eligible. However, we are willing to make exceptions for blogs with two authors, provided both are Vancouver moms.
Here’s how this is going to go down:
- May 1-14, 2013 – Nominating Period
- May 20-24, 2013 – We’ll profile our Top 30
- May 27-June 7, 2013 – Voting opens for the top overall amazing Vancouver mom blogger
- June 19, 2013 – We’ll celebrate the 2013 Top 30 Vancouver Mom Bloggers (you won’t want to miss this!)
All of our Top 30 Vancouver Mom Bloggers for 2013 will receive some amazing gifts from our fabulous sponsors. Our top overall mom blogger will receive a grand prize including:
- Experience two nights including dinner and breakfast for two at the breathtaking Painted Boat Resort Spa & Marina; nestled in a glade of Douglas Fir, Red Cedar and Arbutus trees. This luxurious five acre waterfront resort, just two hours from Vancouver features 31 spacious two bed room villas, fitness facility, fully appointed spa, infinity pool and hot tub that overlooks the ocean. Savour the flavours of the West Coast at THE RESTAURANT, which highlights fresh seafood and creative coastal cuisine. With new Head Chef – Marcus Bugoy – at the helm, the new menu will paint your palate with flavor. Valued at $1200
- A brand new iPad Mini and case from Telus. Valued at $390
- Chocolates for one year from Purdy’s. Valued at $350
- One 24”x36” custom canvas from PiKaSSO KiDS, a Vancouver based company with an original concept. Starting with digital images of your kids’ drawings uploaded to their website, they take drawing elements; colour, recompose and carefully create a new and original design. Clients get to choose canvas size and colour options, make special requests, see a preview and even change their art before it ships. And it all gets printed on archival grade canvas with a money-back guarantee — shipped free of charge! Valued at $340
- A gift certificate and fashionista’s night out kit worth from Dedic8, a chic new concept store that redefines the experience of shopping for modern day moms. They carry a unique and eclectic line of jewelry, clothing, toys and household, plus 18% of every sale is donated to charity of the shopper’s choice. Moms can use this as a tool to help fundraise for their children’s schools or they may choose to channel their inner humanitarian and join the Dedic8 team as a fashionista. Fashionistas receive free items as well as portion of the sales as a thank you for their passion and dedication. The kit includes tools to host your own amazing shopping for the soul party. Valued at $300
- A free kids’ birthday party from 4Cats.
Nominate Your Favourite Vancouver Mom Blogger
Nominations are now closed.
We would like to acknowledge our sponsors, who make this event possible. Our warmest thanks to: